Dr. Tendero has begun to successfully perform a novel treatment for amputee patients. The aim is to achieve a fixed anchorage of the prosthesis to the bone which gives it more firmness and dramatically improves the function in amputee patients.
The Endo-Exo integrated femoral prosthesis is a prosthesis concept that has been used for 15 years for amputees with many advantages over a shaft prosthesis. The Endo-Exo integrated femoral prosthesis transfers the pressure of walking to the femur and the joint:
The integrated femoral prosthesis consists of different external and internal modules (hence the name "Endo-Exo" ). The internal module (femoral stem) is implanted directly into the femur, in the direction of an implant rod. The adaptation time is between 6 and 8 weeks. The bone grows through the three-dimensional grid on the surface of the implant (osseointegration), thus creating a secure and durable anchorage for the prosthesis in the bone.
Advantages of the endo-exo prosthesis
- The forces are transferred directly from the bones to the stem of the prosthesis
- Precise movement of the prosthesis
- Safer and more harmonious transition
- The hip is subjected to natural
- Complete movement of the residual limb on all levels
- There are no disturbing parts of a prosthetic stem
- 100% adaptation after 6 to 9 months
Easy to use
- The external prosthesis can be fitted and removed in a few seconds with the patient in a sitting position
- Unlike traditional joint prostheses, possible variations in residual limb volume have no effect on the fit of the prosthesis.
- No skin irritation from friction or heat welding
- The prosthesis can be worn for long periods of time without causing pain, discomfort or mobility problems
Contact Dr. Óscar Tendero in Mallorca and get to know first-hand the advantages of this prosthesis.